Accounting Specialist at Aries Systems Corporation
Aries may be a small company, but we help to make really big things possible. Trusted and relied on by thousands of scholarly journals and millions of global users, Aries’SaaS based toolsbringscientific and medical research from the laboratory to the world. In fact, this small company enables the publication of more than half of ALL the science on Earth. If that feels like a cause you want to contribute to, consider joining us. You‘ll be in good company.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add an Accounting Specialist to our team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of accounting tasks such as processing complicated or non-repetitive account transactions and tracing transactions through previous accounting actions to determine discrepancies. Will also assign prescribed accounting codes, verify consistency and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents, reconcile accounts and check details necessary for the preparation of reports. This individual must have exceptional knowledge of ledger accounts, invoicing, billing, accounts payable, payroll, MS Excel, and general bookkeeping.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Director of Accounting and Finance and upper management
- Use Excel to prepare invoices, prepare reports, and maintain customer data
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll utilizing Paychex while maintaining and updating employees’ payroll data, withholdings, benefit deductions, etc.
- Maintain fixed asset data base and prepare monthly depreciation entries
- Accurately process vendor invoices, verifying authorization and preparing for payment
- Review Accounts Receivable and follow up on delinquent accounts
- Review, reconcile and process employee expense reports
- Prepare checks for payment of vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Verify and reconcile simple bank statements or department records
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to source documents for accuracy
- Impeccably maintain both electronic and paper files of accounting records
- Provide assistance and support to customers and company personnel
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Excellent customer service skills, close attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven 3 to 5 years accounting experience preferably in billing and accounts receivable
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Experience with accounting software programs (e.g. SAGE, Asset Keeper Pro)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and most importantly Excel)
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- Associate’s degree at minimum or relevant certification
Aries is a wildly successful industry leader with a thirty plus year history of innovation. We enjoy huge market share, a recession resistant clientele, rock solid stability that is virtually unheard of in the software industry and we have never had a layoff – EVER. Our low stress environment is flexible, casual, family friendly, and has NO forced overtime. Our headquarters is located in North Andover’s Machine Shop Village and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The campus features both open and covered parking, a twenty-four hour in-house fitness center, EV charging stations and a wide range of dining options. We offer a competitive compensation package including 4 weeks PTO, Holidays, Education, Medical, Dental, Life, 401(k), company paid outings and more.
For consideration and details, potential candidates are encouraged to send resume and financial requirements to:
Jack Howell – Human Resources Manager
Aries Systems Corporation
50 High Street, Suite 21
North Andover, MA 01845
Tel: 978-291-1947 (direct)